Summary:- Being a Microsoft Office user is a boon for an individual user. As we can enjoy lots of Microsoft programs under Office Suite. But sometimes users face lots of difficulties and errors while using MS Outlook. Let us discuss one such error today and its solutions. This post is all about How to Fix “couldn’t create outlook data file” error. If you are facing such an issue, then stay connected for manual and professional ways to fix it.
In today’s world, we all know MS Outlook, provided with the Microsoft Office Suite, which allows users to work with multiple email clients like Gmail, Yahoo, Office 365, Exchange, etc. Through this, you can easily manage different email accounts at a single interface. And the one such issue that users will face is “Outlook data file cannot be accessed“, which is accompanied by the cryptic error code 0x8004010F.
Configuring an email account in Outlook is simple, regardless of the profile type, except in rare cases where users encounter an issue where a message such as “couldn’t create Outlook data file“.
Reasons Behind Why Couldn’t Create The Outlook Data File Error Occurs
The cause of such an error could be a bug that keeps you from joining a new account. It usually happens when you add the account via the File > Add Account menu. Another possibility is a Simplified Account Creation Window that is used to add the email account or Outlook email rules not working. So, I hope this blog will resolve all your queries with the most useful techniques and the error outlook file cannot be opened.
Solutions to Fix We Couldn’t Create Outlook Data File Error
Knowing the reasons for the errors helps in the discovery of solutions to the problem. Follow the steps in this article to try out various methods for resolving the “cannot open Outlook data file” error:
- Way to Create New MS Outlook Profile
- Way to Move the Data Files
- Fix the MS Outlook application
- Rectify Incorrect Delivery Location
- Way to Specify Outlook Inbox Folder
Repair 1: Way to Create New MS Outlook Profile
- First, Right-click on the Windows icon and select the Settings from the context menu.
- A new window will emerge to you, and press Accounts.
- Now from the left side panel, click the Email and Accounts icon.
- Next, hit the Add an Account button.
- Then, pick the E-mail Account option.
- Enter your account details, such as your profile name and other relevant credentials.
- In the end, to create your new Outlook account hit Next and then Finish.
The IMAP account will be created automatically as a result of the preceding steps. If the server doesn’t support IMAP, or if the account is just wrong, we can manually configure an email profile. You must first find the Outlook data file before moving.
# Discover the Outlook data file
- On your computer, look for and launch the Control Panel.
- Select User Accounts.
- Choose the Mail option.
- Click on Show Profiles in the Mail Setup wizard.
- Next, Pick your Outlook profile and press the Properties button.
- To open the Account Settings, hit the Data Files tab.
- Now, again click on the Data Files and make a note of the data file’s name and the location.
- After that, you have to Apply the configuration manually.
# Configure IMAP Outlook Account Manually
- Navigate to the Control Panel.
- Select Mail from the User Accounts menu.
- You must now select Add.
- Enter your Profile name in the Name field and click on the Ok button.
- Choose Manually configure server settings or additional server types in the Add New Account pop-up.
- Now, press Next to go ahead.
- When the Choose Service Dialogue box appears, select Internet E-Mail and hit Next.
- Enter the Outlook account information in the Internet Email window.
- After that, select the Existing Outlook data file from the Deliver new message to section.
- Then, choose the data file by hitting the Browse button.
- Lastly, push the Next button.
Note: These steps will result in creating a new Outlook profile. This will solve the error that couldn’t create Outlook data file. If you want to fix the Outlook security alert certificate keeps popping up.
Repair 2: Way to Move the Data Files
Here’s another method for resolving the “Outlook OST file cannot be opened” problem. All you have to do is:
- First, move the data file to a distinct location.
- Then return it to its original location.
- Restart your computer to resolve the Outlook OST file cannot be opened error.
Repair 3: Fix the Microsoft Outlook application
- First, Open the Control Panel on your PC.
- Now, click the Mail option from the life side menu.
- Next, select the Repair option.
- At last, within a few moments, it will repair the Outlook.
Repair 4: Rectify Incorrect Delivery Location
If your Outlook data file cannot be configured, following the outlined steps will fix the error code 0x8004010F.
- Firstly, ascertain that Outlook emails are saved in the Personal Folder.
- If emails are not saved in the Personal Folder, modify the storage settings.
- Navigate to the Account Settings tab in Outlook email.
- Now, select Email Accounts.
- Next, hit on Change Location.
- Enter the correct storage location manually.
Follow the above instructions to solve error couldn’t create Outlook data file or Outlook Data File Not Opening.
Repair 5: Way to Specify Outlook Inbox Folder
- First, click on the File.
- Choose the Account Settings tab.
- Now, select the Change Folder.
- Next, find the folder and hit the Plus sign.
- Then, choose the Inbox and press on the OK button.
- After that, you can close the Account Settings option.
- At last, hit the Send and Receive to fix the “cannot open outlook data file” error.
So, In the last, as we tell you above there are multiple techniques of the “couldn’t create Outlook data file” error. To simplify the Outlook wont open PST file issues, we have introduced manual techniques in this blog. As we discussed, the manual methods of error while adding account in Outlook with their reasons. After that, we introduced other approaches also. I hope your issue regarding how to change Outlook data file location? is fixed now.