Summary: This article will look at create a shared calendar in Outlook. Then we will look at how to create a calendar in Outlook to share with multiple people. We’ll also learn how to share Outlook calendar outside organization with multiple users.
Outlook is a popular email and calendar program that many people can use. There are many ways to create a shared calendar in Outlook, and you can use it to share events, projects, or other vital information with others. You can set the permissions for the calendar so that only certain people can access it, or you can make it available to everyone who needs to see it. These things are essential when setting up a shared calendar in Outlook.
- 1 Outlook Create a Shared Calendar On Various Permissions Levels
- 1.1 Method 1: How to Create a Shared Calendar in Outlook
- 1.2 Method 2: How to Create a Calendar in Outlook to Share in 2013, 2016, 2019
- 1.3 Method 3: Setting up a Shared Calendar in Outlook with Read Only Access
- 1.4 Method 4: How to Make a Shared Calendar in Outlook with Permissions and Access
- 1.5 Method 5: Create New Shared Calendar in Outlook for Shared Mailbox
- 1.6 Method 6: Add a Shared Calendar to Outlook in an Email
- Recipients can able to view when I’m Busy
- Recipients can able to view titles and locations
- Recipients can able to view all details
- Recipients can able to edit
Sometimes, users face the shared mailbox not updating error to fix this error you can read this post.
- Launch the Microsoft Outlook Desktop application.
- Locate the calendar icon in the bottom-left corner of the Outlook navigation window. Outlook will then display a calendar view.
- Click the Calendar button on the ribbon to open the Calendar.
- Tap on the Create New Blank Calendar option.
- Now, give the appropriate name to the Calendar.
- Select a location for the Calendar. It depends on you where you want to save the Calendar.
- Hit the Ok button.
- Open the Calendar that you just created, and it’s situated in the navigational panel.
- Click New Appointment, New Meeting, or New Items to create events on the Calendar.
- Open the MS Outlook application.
- Now, Click on the Calendar from the top navigation bar.
- On the Home menu, select Share Calendar from your Calendar folder.
- Select the Calendar you would like to share from the available options.
- In the Calendar Properties window, click Add.
- Add people from your address book or click the search icon to type their email addresses in the Add Users dialog box. Once you’re finished adding names, click OK.
- When you share Calendar with someone, they will receive a sharing invitation by email to add their own Calendar to the list.
- Once the recipient accepts your invitation, they will see your shared Calendar on their calendar list.
- Click the Share option from the menu bar. Now, a blank email invitation will open.
- In the To field, specify the recipients of the shared calendar.
- Click the down arrow to the right of Details and select viewing permissions to access.
- You can click the Request permission to view the recipient’s Calendar check box when you preview the calendar of the person to whom you want to send an invitation.
- Click on the Send button.
- Right-click the calendar created in the Creating the Calendar window in the navigation panel.
- Click the Properties button.
- Click the Permissions option located in the display window.
- Now, click on the Add button.
- Search for the group or user to share the calendar with.
- Double-click on the username or group to add.
- Click OK when all of the users have been added.
- Navigate and click Permission Level in the list.
- Select the permission level to assign to the user. In this example, the user is given the default Publishing Author permission level.
- Hit the OK button after completing the whole process.
If Outlook continually prompts for password some users also face this error. Read the entire post to troubleshoot the error.
- Select a name for the new calendar, choose a location for the calendar, and click the OK button. The default location is under the Mailbox account.
- Navigate the list under the “Where to place the folder” section.
- Open up a shared mailbox (according to the shared mailbox name).
- Select the calendar folder option.
- The shared calendar has now been created in the shared mailbox account.
- Click the Calendar icon.
- Click on the Home and then the Email Calendar option.
- You need to pick a calendar and timeframe in the Calendar and Date section. For example, select Today Only or Repeat the Next Seven Days.
- Click the other options you want to apply, then click OK.
- In the new message window, tap the To field, choose whom you want to receive the message, and click Send.
Ultimately, our guide can help you regarding how to create a calendar in Outlook to share. It’s good practice to create a shared calendar in Outlook and then share it with your colleagues so they can see the events you have booked for. You can also find people who have similar plans. If you are planning an event or any meeting, this will help keep track of the dates and times.