Summary: If Outlook not showing teams status from the application, there are a few potential causes. One of the most common is disabled teams’ presence not showing in Outlook. However, it could also be due to Firewall and Security settings. If you’re facing this issue, don’t worry – there are several effective methods for fixing “How to show status in Outlook”?
Microsoft Outlook has been a part of our lives for a very long time. It is one of the essential utilities in our offices. It may give us incredible features which are hard to resist. One such feature is Microsoft Team. It allows us to collaborate with our colleagues on various projects. We can also use this to communicate with our clients.
Additionally, the feature allows you to work on projects with a team by organizing tasks, discussions, and files all in one place. It’s perfect for those who are always collaborating with others or working on group projects. Not only does it make things more efficient, but it also helps keep everyone on track and accountable.
There can be several reasons for which the user may face this error. The main reason can be that the user has not permitted Outlook not showing teams presence icons or Outlook crashing.
Why is Outlook Not Showing Online Status?
Occasionally, an add-in will be disabled because it’s not compatible with the current version of Outlook. For example, if you recently updated your Office apps and are using Outlook 2016 or later, any add-ins created for earlier versions of Outlook will be disabled. The same is true for add-ins that weren’t explicitly designed for use with Microsoft Office applications – they might work fine most of the time but cause problems occasionally. If Outlook cannot display the folder you can read this post.
- Outdated Office
- OAuth Exchange Authentication
- Nested Groups
- Authentication Requirements
There are many reasons behind the teams meeting option not showing in Outlook. Few are listed above. In such cases, it is advised to take the help of steps below to resolve the teams presence not showing in Outlook. If you want to set up signature in Outlook you can read this post.
Best methods to fix Outlook Not Showing Teams Status
- Turn on online status in Outlook.
- Turn Off Firewall and Security Settings.
- Check the Profile in Outlook.
- Enable the Addins On Outlook.
Step 1: How do I turn on online status in Outlook
- Open the Microsoft Teams Admin center.
- Go to the Meetings section and click on the Meeting Policies.
- Under the General Section, turn on the Allow scheduling for private meeting option.
- Now, restart the Outlook application and see whether the Outlook not showing teams status is fixed now.
- You can also check if the add-in is available or not.
Step 2: Turn Off Firewall and Security Settings
- Press the Window+Q key and type the control panel.
- Double-click on the Control Panel icon.
- Select the system and security options.
- Now, pick the Windows Defender Firewall option.
- Select the Turn Windows Firewall on or off the left side panel.
- Now click on the Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended) option.
- Here you disable the Firewall setting.
- Hit the Ok button to save settings.
Now that the firewall is disabled, try to do whatever steps cause your problem. If this option has fixed the teams status not showing in Outlook issue. Then you can access the Team Status in the Outlook application. If the Outlook account not responding you can read this blog.
Step 3: Check the Profile in Outlook
When you integrate Microsoft Teams with Outlook, your user profiles will be the same. So check for any contradictions if they exist. Also, remember to check if you have opened multiple accounts on both Teams and Outlook. If this is the case, consider deleting the unnecessary accounts to use the primary one.
After checking all these, verify the profiles available on both applications and keep both profiles open. Then restart Outlook and check if the button is still not there; your last fix will work for you. If you want to send a calendar invite in Outlook you can read this post.
Step 4: Enable the Addins On Outlook
- Open the Microsoft Outlook application.
- Click on the options under the File menu.
- Pick the Addin option from the left panel.
- Microsoft Teams Meetings Add-in for MS Office check whether the option is available or not.
- Find the Manage option and click on it.
- After that, click on the Activate button.
- Here, the Microsoft Teams Meetings Add-in for MS Office is available in the active list.
- Hit the Ok button to finish the process.
We hope that our solutions have helped you fix the Outlook not showing teams status issue. If you have any further questions, please feel free to reach out to us in the comments section below. We would be more than happy to help you out.