Summary: Do you want to know how to load Outlook in safe mode? If so, you’ve come to the right place. Many businesses use Outlook as their default email client to deal with clients in the duration of quickly sending/receiving emails and operating files and folders with ease.
As a result, if a problem occurs with your Outlook account or if Outlook becomes corrupt unexpectedly, it is necessary to start Outlook in safe mode. Further, in this blog, I will explain to you how to load Outlook in safe mode quickly. When you start Microsoft Outlook in Safe Mode or Offline Mode, certain Outlook issues Outlook message not implemented may be automatically resolved.
If Outlook works properly in Safe mode without displaying any error messages, the issue is with one of your add-ins or customization files. Here, I’ll show you how to complete this task with manual methods quickly and easily to resolve the error of “Outlook not opening in safe mode“.
Common Reasons Behind of Start Outlook in Safe Mode
Before proceeding, if you are facing this problem you must understand the most common reason behind the profile stop load in Outlook error on the computer. The following are some of the outlined reasons:
- Damage of Outlook profile.
- The navigation bar is broken.
- A faulty PST/OST file.
- There are compatibility issues with Microsoft Outlook.
- Outlook does not come with administrative privileges by default.
- A faulty add-on.
Effective Ways of Load Outlook in Safe Mode
There are several ways to Open Microsoft Outlook in Safe Mode. You are free to select any solution that suits your needs. All of them are discussed in this section.
- Open Outlook Safe Mode Command by Using Outlook Shortcut
- Way to Launch Outlook in Safe Mode via Run Dialog Box
- Launch Outlook in Safe Mode Via Command Prompt Manually
- Ways to Create Outlook Safe Mode Shortcut
Mode 1: Open Outlook Safe Mode Command by Using Outlook Shortcut
The steps below will guide you through the process of opening Outlook in Safe Mode using the shortcut method. So, here’s a quick rundown please go through with these steps:
- First, hold down the Ctrl key on your keyboard and then choose the Outlook shortcut.
- As a result, a warning dialogue box will appear to you on the computer screen. There, you must select the Yes option to confirm that you want Outlook to open in Safe mode or any other special mode.
- After clicking the Yes tab, Outlook will launch in Safe Mode, allowing you to access your account without any difficulty.
Mode 2: Way to Launch Outlook in Safe Mode via Run Dialog Box
Another option for starting Outlook in safe mode is mentioned further down. So, now you simply follow the guidelines below in order:
- Firstly, click the shortcut key Win + R on the keyboard to fetch up the Run dialogue. Alternatively, you can type Run in the Windows Search bar and press Enter to open the Run dialogue box.
- Now, type outlook.exe /safe in the run dialogue box and then click the OK button.
- Next, prefer the default Outlook tab from the Choose Profile section and hit the OK to unlock that profile.
- At last, Outlook will now always start in safe mode.
Mode 3: Launch Outlook in Safe Mode Via Command Prompt Manually
You can use the Command Prompt to load Outlook in Safe Mode. The instructions are listed below, so take a look:
- First, launch Command Prompt as Administrator.
- Now, Enter C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16\outlook.exe/safe in the Command Line program and click the Enter on the keyboard to proceed.
- In the end, when all of the steps have been completed successfully, Outlook will undoubtedly open in Safe Mode.
Discover the step-by-step guide on how to recover data from a Mac SSD in our latest blog post.
Mode 4: Ways to Create Outlook Safe Mode Shortcut
If you want to open Outlook in Safe Mode as quickly as possible without repeating these steps make an Outlook safe mode shortcut using the instructions below:
- First, you have to Right-click on the blank space of the Windows desktop.
- Now, choose New > Shortcut.
- Next, Enter the full route to Outlook.exe, type /safe till the end of the way, and then click the Next.
- After that, you are required to enter an illustrative name for the shortcut, such as Outlook Safe Mode.
- Then, at the bottom, hit the Finish button to create the Outlook shortcut in safe mode.
- At last, Exit that window.
You can also check whether Outlook is operating in safe mode if the program’s title says Safe Mode. And, to turn off safe mode in Outlook, double-click the Outlook shortcut you still use.
This article has covered the most valuable ways to load Outlook in safe mode. While the Outlook opening in safe mode fix methods we have discussed can be handy in different situations, there might be times when you need to use other ways to achieve cannot open Outlook in safe mode for the same results. If you are not comfortable with the methods mentioned here, you can visit the Microsoft Office support website and search for other ways to fix how do I run Outlook in safe mode and repair.