Summary:- Many users these days are looking for solutions to solve the error Outlook keeps crashing. If your search query looks like this, then stay connected. Here we have the four best available methods to fix outlook crashing issues.
As we all know, Microsoft Outlook is a widespread email client and is used by multiple people around the world for personal emailing or professional emailing. It also assists you in managing different tasks such as contacts, calendars, and so on. In this blog, you can get rid of Microsoft Outlook crashing issues.
However, with all the features, email users face a unique problem when Outlook keeps crashing and stopping them from sending an email or reading an attachment. The first thing that comes to users’ minds is that the problem has occurred by an outdated emailing app or Outlook email rules not working, which is sometimes correct, but not always. The Outlook crashes when searching itself for a variety of reasons.
- 1 Why Does Outlook Keeps Crashing
- 2 Manual Solution of Outlook Crashing when Opening Email
- 2.1 Solution 1: Restart Your System Manually
- 2.2 Solution 2: Ways to Update MS Outlook
- 2.3 Solution 3: How to Rectify Outlook Account Settings
- 2.4 Solution 4: How to Deactivate Unnecessary Outlook Add-ins
- 2.5 Solution 5: Create New Outlook Profile
- 2.6 How to fix Outlook crashes when replying?
- 2.7 Why does Outlook crashes when opening?
- 2.8 How do I fix Outlook crashes when opening attachments?
- 2.9 Why does Outlook crash when sending email?
Why Does Outlook Keeps Crashing
The following reasons are given below for Outlook crashes when opening:
- Windows Registry files that are incorrect.
- Outlook PST files that are corrupted.
- In software, malware, or virus intrusion.
- Your Outlook version does not work with your computer.
- Starting an unnecessary add-in in Outlook may cause it to crash.
- You may be updating Outlook incorrectly.
Previously, we discussed various reasons why Outlook keeps crashing. Now we’ll look at why Outlook crashes when opening email manually.
Manual Solution of Outlook Crashing when Opening Email
Continuing the explanation of the reason and step by step fix these issues, we’ll go over the manual ways why Outlook keeps not responding, which are stated below:-
- Restart Your System Manually
- Ways to Update the MS Outlook
- How to Rectify Outlook Account Settings
- How to Deactivate Unnecessary Outlook Add-ins
Solution 1: Restart Your System Manually
Sometimes unnoticed software runs in the background of our PC due to which Outlook Keeps Crashing and cannot run properly. You should restart your computer system to troubleshoot the problem of Outlook not responding. Then re-access the Outlook application to determine if it is still functioning or not. You have to run Outlook for at least fifteen minutes to analyze the error adequately. We have different techniques to fix Outlook 2013 crashing on startup error if it still hits.
Solution 2: Ways to Update MS Outlook
If you are using an outdated version of the Outlook application and your system is up-to-date. Then it may be that your system cannot support this application, due to which the Outlook application keeps crashing. So, don’t worry; we will update the Outlook application to a newer version that can support our system or move Outlook to new computer.
The technique is described in detail with the following steps:
- First, open Outlook on your system.
- Select the File option.
- Now, from the left-hand side panel, press the Office account, and hit on the Update options next to Office updates.
- Next, press the Update Now option and wait till the program connects to the server and catches a new Outlook edition.
- After that, to update your Outlook, continue to track the on-screen instructions.
- In the end, you easily access the Outlook application.
Solution 3: How to Rectify Outlook Account Settings
After rebooting the system and updating Outlook do not solve the problem, you should check to see if your Outlook account is misconfigured. Given below are the steps to fix Outlook keeps crashing.
Here are several steps that might follow to rectify the issues:
- To begin, launch Outlook on the Computer system.
- Press on the File tab from the navigation bar.
- Navigate to Account Settings and press Account Settings from the drop-down menu.
- Pick the Outlook account and afterwards, under the header section, click on the Repair button.
- Next, you may be asked to fill in your email account information, email address, and password; enter the data and hit Next.
- Finally, reopen Outlook and check whether the problem ends or not.
Enhance your email tracking in Outlook 365 by learning how to add read receipts with our step-by-step guide.
Solution 4: How to Deactivate Unnecessary Outlook Add-ins
A regular Outlook user installs numerous add-ins to improve Outlook functionality and productivity; Apart from this, it works against Outlook and renders it to crash at times. In this blog, you can check your Outlook for any unnecessary add-ins and deactivate them by using the steps below:
- First, Launch Outlook.
- Go to the File menu bar, click on Options, and select Add-ins.
- Now, check the Manage option is set to COM Add-ins at the bottom of the Outlook Options pop-up window.
- To proceed, hit the Go button.
- Furthermore, in the COM Add-ins window, uncheck the unnecessary Outlook Add-ins.
Note: Don’t uncheck all of the Add-ins because some of them may be required to Outlook for function properly. Take care when removing the Add-ins.
- After you have disabled the Add-ins, hit the OK button.
- Finally, quit Outlook and reopen it to see if the problem has been addressed.
Solution 5: Create New Outlook Profile
If Outlook keeps crashing on Windows 10, one way to fix Outlook crashing issue is to create a new Outlook profile. Because sometimes, the MS Outlook profile corrupts, which will reset your settings. Hopefully, this method will fix the Outlook issues.
- Run the Microsoft Outlook application.
- Click on the File tab.
- Now clicking on the Account settings, the drop-down menu appears. Again select the Account settings.
- After that, click on the Manage Profile option.
- Pick the Show Profiles and select the Add button.
- Enter the Profile name for the new Outlook profile.
- Finally, hit the Ok button.
Moreover, as we previously stated, there are many approaches to Microsoft Outlook must be closed because an error occurred. To simplify the Outlook keeps crashing issue, we have introduced manual methods in this blog. First we discussed manual solutions with explanations of reasons. Afterwards, we introduced additional techniques to fix the Outlook errors. I hope your issue regarding why does Outlook keep crashing is fixed now.
How to fix Outlook crashes when replying?
Outlook will display an error message if the delivery location or folder where the message will be delivered is incorrect. Outlook will display an error message. This happens if your account has a POP3 configuration.
Why does Outlook crashes when opening?
Outlook keeps crashing when opening an application or Outlook keeps crashing on startup; it may be because of another program running on the back of your computer. If you have this problem, restart the computer and try using Outlook again. If it still doesn’t work, see if you have the latest version installed.
How do I fix Outlook crashes when opening attachments?
If you use Microsoft Outlook and have trouble opening a file attachment and Outlook crashes when opening attachments. Try disabling add-ins. To do so, open Microsoft Outlook and click File > Options > Add-ins. Click COM Add-ins under Manage, click Go, and then uncheck all add-ins.
Why does Outlook crash when sending email?
If you have both a Microsoft Exchange mailbox and a POP3 account in the same Microsoft Outlook profile and the default delivery location references a nonexistent folder, you may experience Outlook crash when sending email.