Search is your best friend. It helps prevent tedious scrolling through hundreds of emails when looking for that one specific email. But what happens if Outlook Search Not Working. An Outlook search fix will restore your search functions to normal so you can quickly get back to finding important emails without any unnecessary errors. Sometimes users need to print all attachments in Outlook but the search function is not working. Ask a computer technician or someone more experienced if this is the case.
Now, in this post, I will discuss with you some effective methods such as Outlook for mac search not working and that will assist you in resolving such an error. Let’s get started with some of the top reasons for Outlook search not working on Windows 10.
Why Outlook Search Not Working on Windows 10
The following reasons are given below for why Outlook search not working Windows 10:
- You will be unable to search for anything in Outlook.
- There will be no search results displayed.
- After a search, Outlook shows emails, but only for a short time.
- Maybe caused by the computer’s software.
- There aren’t all of the search results available.
Manual Solution of Outlook Mail Search Not Working
After the given reason, now we will discuss the manual methods of Outlook search bar missing, which is listed below:
- Way to Check Outlook Index Locations
- Update Your Microsoft Office Manually
- How to Repair Outlook (.PST) File
Solution 1: Way to Check Outlook Index Locations
Below are the steps to check out the Outlook email indexing locations:
- First, Launch Outlook on your system.
- Choose the File menu bar.
- Now, select Search from the Options menu.
- Next, you have to Press Indexing Options from the drop-down menu.
- Pick the Modify from the Indexing Options bar.
- After that, you have to check that MS Outlook is selected.
- Then, hit the OK button.
- In the end, once you’ve completed the preceding steps, restart your personal computer.
Solution 2: Update Your Microsoft Office Manually
Nowadays, Outdated software can induce a variety of problems. As a result, updating Outlook may resolve the issue of an unresponsive search function. For checking Outlook updates, you can follow the steps below:
# Check for the available updates in Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013
- Firstly, Launch Outlook on your device.
- Choose File from the menu bar.
- Now, select the Office Account.
- Press on the pop-down menu under the Product Information region and choose the Check for the Update tab.
- Next, you have to choose the Enable Updates option if available.
- Hit on the Update Now button and wait till the updates are successfully installed.
#In Outlook 2010, look for available updates.
- First, open Outlook on your system and run to the File menu bar
- In the left pane, click Help.
- Now, you have to choose the Check for Updates option.
- Finally, select the Check for updates or Install Updates tab from the drop-down menu..
Solution 3: How to Repair Outlook (.PST) File
Repairing your Outlook (.PST) file is another most effective technique to fix the search option in Outlook missing problem by using the Inbox Repair tool, you can do so. You may experience problems with Outlook search owing to corruption in the Outlook file, which should be resolved. You can use the Repair Tool to repair your Outlook search not working, by following the steps below:
- Firstly, you must navigate to the repair tool on Outlook. Repair tools are located in different locations depending on the version of Outlook you have installed.
- Locate and find the PST file on your computer. Users of Outlook 2010, 2013, and 2016 will most likely find this file in the following location: “C:\Users\YOURUSERNAME\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook“.
- Now, Once you are located in the “scanpst.exe” file, then right-click on it and choose Run as administrator.
- Next, select Browse and paste the path to your .PST file into the address box.
- After that, pick the Outlook account that is causing the problem and then press the Open button.
- In the end, hit the Start button and wait for the repair process to be complete.
In the final, we hope it has become clear to you how to search for a particular item in Outlook search by sender. If your problem still persists after reading our tutorial, let us know, and we will try to help you out. We are glad that you took the time to read this post on why Windows 11 Outlook search not working? And now would like us to hear from you.
Why does Outlook search not responding?
Outlook search not responding is a common issue users experience when accessing their email. Often, this issue can be solved by checking your internet connection and refreshing your browser. If you still experience problems, you may need to reinstall the Outlook application or update the software.
How do I resolve Outlook search problems?
1. Open the Microsoft Outlook.
2. Click on the Options.
3. Go to the Main Tab.
4. Now, choose Search, then click on Add.
5. Hit the OK button.