Summary: Instead of being deleted when you recall message in Outlook, it is taken out of your inbox. It saves you from searching through the deleted items folder when you need to get it again. In this tutorial, we will show you how to recall an email in Outlook.
Outlook is a popular email program used by millions of people. It has a built-in feature that allows users to send an email to everyone who has received their email within the last 30 days. Recall messages are a feature that allows you to have an email conversation with someone from the past without leaving your current conversation thread.
Why Does the Recall Message in Outlook Fail?
There are two main reasons why people use this feature. The first one is to make sure that the sender doesn’t receive your email twice. It’s also possible that they might not have received your email at all, and you want to make sure that they do.
If you’re looking for a way to ensure that an email gets delivered, then this is the best option for you. You can also use it when someone sends an email with an attachment or when someone sends a reply-to-all email in order to save yourself from having to send out multiple emails every time. If you want to create email group in Outlook you can read this post.
Method 1: How to Recall an Email in Outlook
The application has a feature that allows you to recall message in Outlook. It can be done by going through the following steps:
- Open the Sent Mail Folder below the Inbox section.
- Pick the appropriate email from the sent emails.
- Double-click on the selected email.
- Now, go to the File option and then the Info section.
- Select the Message Resend and Recall option.
- After that, click on the Recall this message.
- Now, select Delete unread copies of this message.
- Ensure to tick on the “Tell me if recall succeeds or fails for each recipient.”
- Hit the Ok button to finish the process.
Method 2: How to Replace Mail in Outlook
We will start by selecting the sent email that we want to recall. We will then click on the “Recall” button. It is found at the top of the email.
- Open the Sent Email folder.
- Select the Email that you want to recall the message.
- Choose the File option and select the Info section at the top of the window.
- Select the Message Resend and Recall and then click on the resend the Message option.
- Edit the text or message if you want.
- Click on the send option.
Method 3: Send Outlook Email Later
Outlook has some helpful features, such as the ability to send an email later, which is a great feature for when you are in a rush and need to send an email at the last minute or if you have forgotten about it.
Below are the steps for delaying sending emails in Outlook. We will show you how to use this feature, how it works, and all you need to do in order for it to work. If your Outlook not showing teams presence icons you can read this post.
- Select the File option from the upper left corner.
- Now, find the Manage Rules and Alerts while scrolling the page.
- Rules and alerts window dialog box appears.
- Now select the New Rule option.
- Here you get a new popup of Rules Wizard.
- Click on the Apply Rule on Messages I Send. It starts from the blank Rule. Hit the Next button.
- After a few processes, click on the next button. Now, you will get the confirmation message. Select the Yes button to confirm.
- Here you want to select the time using the Defer Delivery By a Number of Minutes option.
- Follow the steps and input the number according to your needs. Click the Ok button. After completing the whole process, hit the Next button.
- Choose the appropriate exception options if you have any. Next, proceed by clicking the Next button.
- Give a Name for the Rule & check the Turn On This Rule checkbox.
- Hit the Finish button after completing the process.
Method 4: How to Unsend an Email in Outlook Desktop
- Select the Sent Items folder under the folder section of Outlook.
- Open the message to retrieve sent email in Outlook.
- Now click on the messages from the top of the screen.
- Select the Actions button and then click on the Recall this message option.
- Now, click on the Delete unread copies of this message or Delete unread copies and replace them with a new message. After that, press the Ok button.
- If you want to resend the email, compose the message and then click on the send button.
Method 5: Alternatives to Recall Message in Outlook
If you’re trying to recall an email in Outlook, there are various alternatives. You can use the search function to find the email, use a receiver’s name, or view your inbox as a list.
You can directly contact the receivers and say sorry for sending the wrong emails because you cannot be able to undo email in Outlook if the receivers open the email.
We hope you found this guide on how to recall an email in Outlook helpful. Recall message in Outlook is a quick and easy process, whether you accidentally sent an email to the wrong person or simply need to change an existing message. Just remember to double-check that the recipient received the updated message before assuming everything went according to plan. I hope your query related to how to recall an email in Outlook is solved now. If you have any questions, you can get free assistance from us.