Summary: Would you like to know how to save Outlook Emails to Hard Drive? If so, here’s a comprehensive and step-by-step guide for you to export Outlook emails to hard drive. We’re going to use both manual and professional methods in this post.
- Download and Run the Stellar OST Converter.
- Click “Browse” and navigate to the Outlook Offline Data File (*.ost).
- Click the “Convert” button to start the conversion process.
- Click the “Save Converted File” button to save the data.
- Select Outlook Offline Data File (.pst) as the file format to save the converted data in the PST file.
- Click “Browse” and navigate to the location to save the converted data.
User Query: I’ve been using Outlook for over a decade and have great experiences with it. I love Outlook and always look forward to using it. However, I’ve noticed that my emails slowly fill up my mailbox. Also, I am working on a project, and daily, I receive emails in my account. Is there any way to save Outlook emails to a hard drive and keep them from getting lost in the shuffle?
Outlook is a well-known email software that can be used for official communication purposes. However, Outlook emails are saved in an Outlook data file. If you want to backup all Outlook emails, then you need to export the .pst file.
Experts always recommend backing up your emails so that you can recover them if something goes wrong. This can be done by saving your Outlook email to a hard drive or USB drive. When you restore your Outlook email backups, you can choose which folder to save them in. This will help you keep your Outlook email organized and easily accessible.
Reasons Behind of Save Outlook Emails to Hard Drive
Backup Emails: The need for email backup cannot be overstated to reduce the chances of data corruption or database loss. If Outlook crashes due to data corruption or malware attacks. Outlook email backup files can help to retrieve all emails.
Share Outlook Emails: Users who are having trouble transferring Outlook emails may just need to back up their computer before moving on to the receiver. The best method is to save Outlook emails with attachments to your PC.
Email Migrate: When users occasionally need to shift their information from their old PC to a new one. Then users need to backup emails in Outlook to hard drives.
There are several reasons for save Outlook messages to hard drive. Now we will accomplish this through a variety of approaches, which are explained in this article. If your Outlook not showing new emails you can read this post.
Method 1: How to Backup Outlook Emails to Hard Drive with Import/Export Wizard
If you are using Outlook frequently and you are afraid that your mailbox data will be lost if something goes wrong. You can then use this method to store all Outlook email data on a hard drive or another storage device.
- Open the Outlook application on your system.
- Click on the File option, then the Open and Export option.
3. Now, click the Import/Export button.
4. Select Export a File from the Import and Export wizard and then click Next.
5. Choose Outlook Data File (.pst) and then click Next.
6. Choose the appropriate folder to export inbox emails, then click on Next.
7. Connect the external hard drive if you want to export Outlook emails to a hard drive. If the window prompts, click on Cancel.
8. Click on the Browse button and pick the external hard, then give the name of the backup file. Click on the OK button.
9. Press on the Next button and then hit on Finish.
The above methods save multiple emails from Outlook to hard drive. We also describe the other technique if this approach is not working for some users. Sometimes Outlook rules not working for several reasons; if you also face this error, you can read this post.
Method 2: How to Export Outlook Emails to Hard Drive
- Launch the MS Outlook application.
- Click on the File menu.
- Then select the Account Settings option.
- Click on the Data Files option.
- Go to the location on your computer where Outlook .pst and .ost files are currently located.
- Now select the Open File Location option.
- If you wish to copy Outlook .ost/.pst files to an internal or external hard drive, you must first locate the stored files on your computer.
- Press the Win+R key, type the %APPDATA% and click OK.
- Now, using the below path, find the Outlook .pst or .ost files:
- drive:\Users\ \AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook
- drive:\Users\ \Roaming\Local\Microsoft\Outlook
- drive:\Users\ \Documents\Outlook Files
- drive:\Users\ \My Documents\Outlook Files
- drive:\Documents and Settings\ \Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook
- Afterward, you can copy .pst or .ost files and save them to your local drive or an external hard drive as a backup.
Method 3: How to Quickly Save Outlook Emails on Hard Drive in HTML File
- Open Outlook and then open the Inbox folder.
- Select the specified emails which you want to save as HTML file.
- Click on the File menu and then on Save As option.
- Save As window appears on your screen.
- Select the location or folder in which you want to save the file.
- Give the name of the file.
- From the Save as type drop-down menu, select HTML.
Method 4: Save Old Outlook Emails to Hard Drive as PDF
- Open the HTML email in any web browser on your computer.
- Press Ctrl+P to choose Save As PDF from the Destination drop-down menu.
- Click Save and select the hard drive or Desktop folder where you want to save the file as PDF.
- Click on the Save button.
Method 5: Professional Method to Save Outlook Emails to Hard Drive with Attachments
When you sign in to your Outlook account from an IMAP, Exchange, or Office 365 address, Outlook creates an encrypted OST file.
If you choose to back up Outlook emails and save them in PST or any other file format. However, you will need software like Stellar Converter for OST, mainly when you cannot export PST from the Outlook application. You can read this post if you want to repair Outlook PST file.
The software converts OST mailbox files to different file formats, such as PST, PDF, EML, MSG, RTF, HTML, etc., to save on the computer. It eliminates the need to transfer Outlook emails into different formats manually. Additionally, you can save Outlook web emails to hard drive using this utility.
Finally, if you’re frequently sending and receiving Outlook email, it’s essential to take the time to save Outlook emails to hard drive. By following these easy steps, you can be sure that your messages are always stored securely. This helpful article shows you the best ways to backup Outlook emails to hard drive. As experts, we always recommend using the safest method, which means the professional approach.