Summary: Outlook not showing new emails – Microsoft users have faced this issue. There are many causes of this error: technical issues, incorrect Outlook settings or internet connectivity issues etc. However, we discuss the reliable methods to fix Outlook not showing all emails.
- Right-click on the taskbar section and select Task Manager.
- Click the Processes tab after locating the Office processes.
- Pick an Office process and then choose the End task.
- Repeat this process for each Office process listed.
Outlook is a well-known and influential email client among users. It can be used for activities such as managing your business, connecting with coworkers and family, and more. It has several features which make it an ideal choice for daily use. Outlook has some great features for those who need to stay organized and take control of their email accounts.
Are you facing the problem of Outlook not showing new emails? First of all, let us discuss the various reasons behind this error.
Why Does Outlook Not Showing New Emails in Inbox?
- Unstable Internet connectivity
- Default View Outlook Settings
- Outlook Mailbox storage is full
- Corrupt or Damaged Outlook Data File
- Navigation Pane and Folders default in the state
- Microsoft Office does not update properly
These are the few reasons why Outlook not showing new emails. Now, we will discuss some methods to fix this error and also check offline settings.
Top Methods to Fix Outlook Not Showing All Emails
One by one we discuss all possible methods to fix the Outlook not showing all emails in inbox. I hope the methods can help to show Outlook emails in the inbox. Outlook Archiving can also help to fix this issue and user can able to see the new emails in Outlook inbox.
Method 1: Check Internet Connection Stability
There is a problem with your internet connection? If so, make sure it’s stable. Due to unstable internet connectivity, Outlook not showing new emails error occurs. This can cause several problems, so it is essential to be aware of their actions and what may be causing them. However, we recommend that you fix this problem as soon as possible so that you can receive all the emails in your Outlook inbox.
Method 2: Clear Outlook cache Files
If you are using Microsoft Outlook, it is important to clear your cache. It will help you stay connected and more efficient when working with your email and calendar.
The email messages you received but do not see in your Outlook Inbox. But they are available on the Outlook server. This issue occurs if you have too many Outlook cache files.
- Launch the Outlook application on your system.
- Now, navigate Outlook’s cache location.
- Delete or remove the Outlook cached files.
- Remove the Outlook auto-complete cache.
- Restart the Microsoft Outlook application.
Method 3: Change the Advanced View Settings in Outlook
Outlook offers a variety of customization options for users. The Advanced View Settings let you control the sending and receiving of emails. If Outlook not showing all emails, it means the settings are wrong.
Here are some tips to check the default view Outlook settings:
- Open Outlook and click the View Section.
- On the View sections, select View Settings from the Options list.
- Now, click on Reset View.
- New window prompt on your screen with the message. Click on the Yes.
- This option will reset the Outlook settings.
- Finally, restart Outlook and check whether new emails appear in the inbox folder.
Are you frustrated with Outlook block sender feature not working? Discover the quick fixes and solutions in our latest blog post!
Method 4: Remove Outlook Account and Add Again
Many users face Outlook emails not showing up error. Moreover, some users tried to fix it by removing the Outlook account and adding it again. Sometimes these methods work for some users. The simple process can be done in a few steps to fix Outlook not showing new emails.
Steps to Remove Outlook Account
- Click the File tab in the Outlook window.
- Navigate to the Info section, click on Account Settings, and again click on Account Settings.
- Select the email account you wish to delete and click the Remove button.
- Next, click Yes in the pop-up window to Delete the Account.
Steps to Add Account in Outlook
- Go to the Windows icon and search the Control Panel to open the Control Panel window.
- Navigate to the Mail tab and select Email Accounts.
- Click on the New button.
- Choose the account you need to add in the Add Account tab and, pick the Email Account, click Next.
- You have to enter the credentials to access and select Manual.
- Hit the Next button to start.
- Within a few minutes, your Microsoft Outlook account is added to the application.
Method 5: Export and Import a PST file into Outlook
Export or import Outlook data files to PST format. It is the best way to backup and manage your Outlook data. Additionally, it was made easier to access and manage email account information. If you face Outlook not responding errors you can also fix them using these steps.
Export or Backup Outlook PST file
- Launch the Outlook application and press the File option.
- Select the Open and Export option and click Import/Export.
- Select Export a file and then Next.
- Pick the Outlook Data File (.pst) and tab on the Next button.
- Choose the folders that are to be exported and include the built-in folders. Click Next.
- Click the Browse button to select the location where you want to save the output file.
- Take the options for managing duplicate emails and hit the Finish button.
Import PST file in Outlook
- Start Microsoft Outlook and go to the File tab to get started.
- Go to the Open and Export section in the menu, then select Import/Export.
- Choose the Import from another program option, and click Next.
- Select Outlook data file(.pst) and press Next.
- Click on the Browse button and pick the PST file and then press the Next button.
- Choose the Import tab and select the checkbox to include the subfolder. Then, click on the Finish button to complete the import process.
Exporting and importing PST files is a crucial task in Outlook. It allows you to transfer personal settings, such as emails, contacts and other information. But sometimes, the Export or Import of a PST file into Outlook does not work correctly. The above methods can help to solve Outlook inbox not showing all emails.
Method 6: Repair Outlook Data File .pst
- In Outlook, double-click on the Inbox Repair Tool.
- Find the PST files in your system.
- Click on the Scan button to check the PST file corruption.
- Click Repair if there is anything corrupt in a file.
- After repairing the PST file, you can access the PST file.
Sometimes, user faces duplicate emails in Outlook. However, you can read this post and remove duplicate emails.
Method 7: Restore the Navigation Pane or Folders to Default
Are you upgrading the old version to a new version? The first step you want to take is to restore the navigation pane or folders to their default state. However, it can fix the Outlook inbox not showing all unread emails.
- Ensure Outlook is closed.
- Now, press the Window+R key to open the run box.
- Type the Outlook.exe /resetnavpane and click the OK button.
- Here, again open the run command box.
- Type the Outlook /cleanviews command. Then OK.
- The first command will reset the navigation pane and the second Folder view to default.
Method 8: Disable Leave a copy of the message on the server option
If you enable the Leave a copy of messages on the server option under the POP3 account settings, server emails will store a copy. When you decide to delete the email from Outlook.
Its copy remains on the email server, causing issues from time to time. Disable this option in POP3 account settings and then check to see if that fixes the new emails not showing up in Outlook error.
- Start the Outlook application.
- Now click on the File option from the top bar menu.
- Find and click on the Account settings and again click on the Account settings option.
- Here, you want to select the POP3 account and press the change button.
- Tap on the More settings and hit the advanced option.
- After all, uncheck the Leave a copy of messages on the server.
If your Outlook mail stuck in Outbox you can read this post.
Method 9: Create a New Outlook profile
Outlook profile contains your personal, professional, and data file information. If the old profile is corrupt or not working, you face the emails not appearing in Outlook. However, we can create a new Outlook profile through the following steps are:
- First, open the Control Panel setting.
- Select View by mode and click on the Category.
- Click on the Users Accounts option and then on Mail.
- Now, select the Show Profile option.
- Tap on the Add button.
- Here, you want to provide the name of the profile and hit OK.
- Just follow the further steps to add the email account.
Method 10: Repair the Office Program
1. To open the Control Panel, press the Window+R and type control, then hit the enter button.
2. Now, click on the Programs.
3. Under the Programs wizard, click on Programs and Features.
4. Here, you will get the list of all installed programs in your system.
5. Find the Microsoft Office program and click on it.
6. In the top bar the Change option is visible click on it.
7. If the window pop-up press the Yes button.
8. By default, the Quick Repair option is selected click on the Repair button.
9. If the problem is still faced, you can select the Online Repair option now and hit the Repair button.
I hope Outlook can show the new emails after trying this method.
Lastly, if you are facing the issue of Outlook not showing new emails. A technical issue may cause the problem. There are several methods you can use to fix this error. Also, if you can’t find a solution right away, keep a copy of your email client account with you so that you can easily revert to the original accounts if necessary. The methods discussed above can show new emails in your Outlook inbox.