Summary: “How to change Outlook password?” is a question that keeps popping up when you face security errors. Many users are looking for a solution to this problem and finding a method to update password on Outlook. But we all know how to manage their Microsoft accounts.
- Right-click on the taskbar section and select Task Manager.
- Click the Processes tab after locating the Office processes.
- Pick an Office process and then choose the End task.
- Repeat this process for each Office process listed.
Outlook has been around for a long time and is a trusted service for storing emails, address books, calendars, and other folders. One of the most popular ways to use Outlook is to send and receive emails from it. As email users, it becomes more serious and corporate. You need to take care of many security measures, and one of these is to changing Outlook password.
How to Update Password in Outlook
We have created a list of manual methods for you to choose from. Hopefully, one of the methods we have suggested will successfully help you restore access to your Outlook account. If you want to restore deleted email messages in Outlook.com you can read this post here.
Method 1: Change Outlook Password using Outlook.com
Users can effortlessly change password for Outlook through the Outlook.com website using a manual method. There are two steps involved in this process to update Outlook password. According to the subscription plan of the Microsoft Outlook users.
- Open Outlook.com on your browser.
- Log in with the Outlook credentials.
- Click the Profile option.
- Select the My Account option.
- The account settings menu appears here.
- The various options are visible on the screen. Find and click on the security option.
- Type the password in the password field, then click the sign-in button.
- Here you get the security window, find the option password security, after a click on the change password option.
- On Change my password screen, enter the previous or current account password.
- After that, type the New Password in the appropriate field.
- Hit the Save button.
- If you want to Outlook, remind you to change the password every 72 days, so checkmark the make me change my password every 72 days.
Method 2: Change the Microsoft Outlook Client Password
In this method, you can reset Outlook password and provide a detailed explanation for every process. The steps are also easy to follow, so even a novice user can use them without getting confused and change Outlook password.
For Microsoft 365 with monthly updates
- Start the Outlook application on the system.
- Click on the File menu and tap on the account settings option.
- Here, you want to select the update password or app password option.
- Type the new password, and proceed with the further instructions.
- Hit the Ok button.
For Microsoft 365 subscriber with semi-annual updates
- Open the Outlook application.
- Click on the File option and select the info.
- Visit Account Settings and click on the manage profile.
- Pick the email accounts option.
- Account settings open here, click on the Email, and then select the change option.
- Change account window appears on the screen, enter the credentials and press the next button.
- After finishing the entire procedure, click on the close button.
Outlook keeps asking or prompting for passwords, even when they last used them. This error is particularly problematic because it can result in lost data and even identity theft. To avoid this, users should always create and use strong passwords and regularly check their Outlook settings to ensure they are not being asked for passwords.
Method 3: Update Outlook Password on Windows
- Start the Outlook application on your system.
- Find the File option from the top corner of the window.
- The Outlook options window appears.
- Click on the account settings from the right panel and select the manage profile option.
- Click on the email accounts under the mail setup Outlook option.
- All email accounts display on the screen that is used in your Outlook.
- Here, you want to choose the appropriate email account that you want to change the password.
- Now, click on the password field, and type the new password. After that, click on the next button.
- Click on the test account setting to verify the Outlook is connected to the server.
- After the successful test, you can log in with the new Outlook password.
Note: How to fix Outlook offline or disconnected from server issues, you can fix these errors after reading this post.
Method 4: Reset Forgotten Outlook Password
- First, check the internet is working on your system.
- Open the browser on the system and visit the Outlook website.
- Enter the correct Outlook credentials under the sign-in field. After that, click on the Next button.
- Click on the forgot password link.
- Here you get the different options to recover the password.
- Select the email, and after that, click on the next.
- Sign in with the Recovery email account for receiving the code from Outlook.
- After receiving the code, enter the code in the desired field and click on the next button.
- Now, log in with the new password and access the email account.
Method 5: Change your password in Outlook.com
- Log in to the Outlook account with the working credentials.
- Now visit the security page.
- After that, click on the password security option.
- Then, click on the change my password.
- In the next window, enter the current password, type the new password, and again reenter the password.
- Now click on the save button.
In this article, we have learned about how to change my Outlook password. We have discussed the top three ways to change Outlook passwords. The first two ways are quite straightforward but setting a new password is not as easy as it sounds. If you want to resetting Outlook password, then we recommend that you follow the instructions in the fourth method. I hope this blog post helps to fix how to update password in Outlook.