Summary: Have you deleted some important email messages? This article will show you how to recover deleted emails in Outlook. You can also check the trash folder because deleted items are stored in that folder.
Outlook is a popular email client many people use for daily communication. It has several features and settings that can help manage emails effectively. But sometimes, you can accidentally delete an email from Outlook. After that, you will realize this email is important to me.
How Can I Recover Deleted Emails in Outlook
If you accidentally deleted an email in Outlook, there are a few modes you can try to recover. The first place to check is the Deleted Items folder. You can move the mail back to your inbox if the email is yet there. If the email is not in the Deleted Items folder, it may be in the Recoverable Items folder.
This folder is hidden by default, but you can access it by going to the View tab and selecting Show Hidden Items. Once in the Recoverable Items folder, you can use the search function to try and find the missing email messages. If you’re still unable to find it, we discussed the most useful techniques to find deleted emails in Outlook. Users can also read this post for remove duplicate messages in Outlook.
Method 1: Using Ctrl+Z undo command
To manually recover deleted mails from Outlook, try to perform the below steps.
- Hold and press the Ctrl+Z. The command is generally used to undo the changes made recently.
It will only work if you haven’t closed the Outlook application since deleting the email. If the application is closed by you, you’ll need to use the other methods to recover deleted emails in Outlook.
Method 2: Deleted Items Folder in Outlook
When you delete an email, it remains in the Deleted Items folder until they choose to either permanently delete it or empty the folder. But you have to find first where is recover deleted items in Outlook. If you want to send secure email in Outlook you can read this post.
Don’t worry we have the steps to find deleted folder in Outlook. You can easily restore Outlook emails from deleted items folder in Outlook application.
- Open the Outlook application on your computer.
- Click on the Folder tab and hit the Recovery Deleted Items.
- Here, you get the deleted emails list. Pick the emails that you want to restore.
- Hold the Ctrl key and select emails if you want to recover multiple deleted emails in Outlook.
- Now, check the Restore selected items below the window and hit the Ok button.
- Your Email messages are successfully restored to their original location.
- Use the search function to check whether the email has been recovered or not.
Method 3: Emails are Removed from Deleted Items Folder
When you delete an email, it is moved to an Outlook Deleted Items Folder. Sometimes, the situation is different after the set of times Outlook permanently deletes an email and won’t be able to recover deleted emails in Outlook.
- Configure your Exchange user account in MS Outlook.
- Go to your email account and select the Delete Items folder.
- Proceed to the Home section.
- Select the Recover Deleted Items from Server under the Actions.
- Here the Recover Deleted Items window opens, and pick the emails you want to recover.
- You can also filter the list using the From or Deleted On options. With the help of this function, you can sort the emails.
- To select the multiple messages, hold the Ctrl button and press the mouse key to select the messages. When selecting multiple emails, hold down the Shift key.
- After that, select Restore Selected Items.
- Click on the Ok button.
- The emails are successfully recovered and stored in the Deleted Items folder.
- To restore those emails. Go to the Deleted Items folder and select the messages.
- Now, click the Home tab and select the Move after that Other folder option.
- Click on the Inbox or another folder under the Move Items.
- Hit the Ok button.
Note: Sometimes Outlook can’t log in to IMAP server. So you can read this post and solve the error.
Method 4: Recover Emails from Outlook Web App
The deleted items folder in Outlook Web App is an additional storage place for emails. Emails deleted from the inbox or other folders will be moved to the deleted items folder.
The most common use case for recovering emails from the deleted items folder is when a user deletes an email by mistake and realizes it was something important.
We can recover emails from the deleted items folder in Outlook Web App. The process is not difficult, and it can be done by following these steps:
- Launch the Outlook Web for the Exchange Account.
- Click on the Deleted Items section.
- Select the Recover items deleted from this folder.
- Tick on the Emails that you want to recover.
- Now select the Restore option.
- The email messages restore to their original location where it is located.
I am sure the above methods are useful and easily recover deleted emails in Outlook. The other method is different from the above methods. In this technique, we use the Office 365 archive.
Top information: Purging deleted emails in Outlook is a crucial task that helps optimize email performance, conserve storage space, and ensure a smooth and efficient email experience.
Method 5: Using Office 365 Outlook Archive function
The Office 365 Outlook archive is the best feature to recover deleted mails from Outlook. It allows users to restore the messages that were accidentally or permanently deleted.
- Open the Outlook Web application.
- Click on the Archive function from the left pane.
- Select the items essential to recover, then hit the Move to a button.
- Now Select the folder.
We hope this guide has helped you recover deleted emails in Outlook. Whether you accidentally deleted an important email or emptied your trash folder, there are a few different ways to get your messages back. With a little bit of effort, you are able to recover permanently deleted emails in Outlook.