Summary: This tutorial will discuss how to create a group calendar in Outlook, and Outlook web access (OWA). It can be used to manage people’s personal and professional lives across different platforms.
A group calendar can be a great way to promote productivity and collaboration among small business co-workers or organizational team members. Multiple people can read and edit a group calendar, making it convenient to keep everyone on the same page.
What is a Group Calendar in Outlook
You can create a group calendar in Outlook to help schedule meetings with multiple people. You’ll be able to see your booked time and invite them to your meeting once they accept your request. Additionally, you can see their availability and book a meeting time that works for everyone. It is helpful when coordinating a team meeting, as you can quickly see who is available for the meeting. If you want to know more about how to send a calendar invite in Outlook you can read this post.
Outlook Group Calendar vs Shared Calendar
If you want all your users that everyone can edit or view the group, it is recommended that you create a group calendar in Outlook. This way, everyone can see the events and make changes as needed. Go to the Calendar tab and click on the “Create Group Calendar” button. Then, enter the information for the calendar and invite all the relevant users for sharing. Once they have accepted the invitation, they can view and edit the calendar events just like you can.
Method 1: Pick Members from Contact List to Create Outlook Calendar for Group
- Launch the MS Outlook application on your system.
- Find the Home menu and click on it.
- Now, tap on the Calendar option and then on the Manage Calendars group.
- Press the Calendar Groups option.
- After that, select Create New Calendar Group.
- Now, provide a name for the new calendar group. Then, hit the OK button.
- Select the contacts or members to add into a group. For that, click the address book or the contact list found under the Address book.
- Search for the name of one of the group members in the search field, then press the Group Members button.
- Repeat these steps with each calendar you want to include in the group.
- Finally, hit the OK button.
Method 2: Create a Group Calendar in Outlook Web
- Log into Outlook in a web browser, then select the calendar.
- Select the Add a calendar link.
- Select Create Blank Calendar from the left menu.
- Consider a name for the calendar and, if desired, pick a color for the calendar theme.
- Select the Add button to the left of the appropriate calendar group to add a new calendar.
- Click on the Save button.
- Navigate to the calendar found on the calendar list, right-click (or select the More icon) and choose Sharing and permissions.
- Enter the email address or contact name of the person you want to share your calendar with.
- Choose calendar options if you wish to allow the recipient of the invitation to add, remove, and change events on the calendar.
- Click on the share button.
Method 3: Add a Group Calendar to Outlook in Existing Calendar
- Click on the Calendar under the Home tab.
- After that, press on the Manage Calendars group icon.
- Click on the Open Calendar icon.
- Now, select the Calendar type, such as Calendar group.
- Enter the names or fill in them in the Search box. Click the name that you want.
- Click the Calendar button.
- Hit the OK button.
- The calendars are present in the Shared Calendars folder in the Navigation Pane.
- Go to the Navigation pane, and drag the Shared Calendar calendar to the Calendar group you want.
Method 4: How to View Teams Calendar in Outlook
- Click on the Home tab.
- Press on the Arrange group, and now select Day, Work Week, Week, or Month.
- Click the View in Overlay Mode icon on the tab of each calendar you want to overlay.
- It can sometimes be necessary to clear the check box in the View tab of the Navigation Pane to Close Calendar from the view. You can also hide any calendar by closing its tab.
Method 5: Delete a Group Calendar in Outlook
- To get rid of a particular calendar group, right-click on it.
- Then click the Delete Group button.
- A permanently deleted calendar group will be irrevocably removed from the calendars folder.
There are many benefits to create a group calendar in Outlook. This feature can manage events and schedules for a team or group of people. Users can easily share information and coordinate activities by creating a group calendar. I hope this guide helps create, view, and delete a calendar group in Outlook.