Summary: Have you ever had a problem where your Outlook mail stuck in outbox? It’s a usual error, and there are countless causes why this can occur. Some people don’t know the steps to fix the issue, so we’ve compiled a list of solutions to help you get back on track.
There’s nothing worse than waiting for a message to send or waiting for a reply, only to find that it has been sitting in your outbox for hours or days without any progress.
Unluckily, this is one of the most prominent issues amid all Outlook users. In this article, we’ll describe different methods to resolve the issue and help get your email flowing again!
Why Does Outlook Mail Stuck in Outbox?
- Large attachments are problematic for emails. The email provider is not designed to handle large attachments, which slows down the server. This can create a security issue.
- Faulty add-ins may cause Outlook 2019 emails that can’t be sent. It alters the application configuration, so the email app has difficulty setting up a server connection.
- In some cases, an Outlook mail stuck in Outbox. This happens when the client cannot access the server, causing transmission to stop and the email to become stuck.
- It is not possible to send emails without an internet connection, and at times where the internet connection is weak, so Outlook messages stuck in Outbox or not making it into the recipients’ inboxes.
- Microsoft Outlook is struggling with your inbox, when there is no more space.
This is the main cause with Outlook. Now, it’s time to learn about how do I fix a stuck email in my outbox. There are different methods you can take to resolve the issue when your Outlook mail stuck in outbox after sending.
The Issue with Outlook Messages
- If you’ve ever used Microsoft Outlook, chances are you’ve encountered the dreaded “Outlook mail stuck in Outbox” error message. This error can be caused by a variety of factors, but the most common cause is a slow or unreliable internet connection. When this happens, Outlook will try to send the message, but it will eventually time out and give up. The message will then stay in your outbox until you either fix the connection issue or delete the message. If your Outlook keeps crashing you can read this post.
- You can try some methods and fix Outlook messages stuck in Outbox. To begin, check if the internet connection is working properly or not. If it is working, then try restarting Outlook. Sometimes this can clear up the stuck message. If restarting doesn’t work, then you’ll need to go into your Outbox and delete the stuck message. To do this, select a message and hit the “Delete” button.
- If you’re still having trouble and not able to fix Outlook mail stuck in Outbox. So there’s a chance of a problem with the email server you’re using. To check this, go into your account settings and look at the outgoing mail server settings. Make sure that everything is entered correctly and that the server is online.
Quick Methods to Fix Emails Getting Stuck in Outbox
If you’re using Microsoft Outlook and you find that Outlook messages stuck in Outbox, don’t despair. There are a few methods you can attempt to rectify the issues.
- First, make sure that the message is truly stuck and hasn’t just been delayed for some reason. To do this, check the status of the message in your Outbox. If it says “Sending,” then it’s just taking longer than usual to send. However, if it says “Error” or “Connection Error,” then the message is truly stuck.
- Next, try canceling the send operation. To accomplish this, Go to the Outbox folder and open the message and click on the “Stop” button on the toolbar. Once the send operation has been canceled, then delete the message from your Outbox.
- If canceling the send process doesn’t work, then you should restart the MS Outlook application. This will often resolve any issues that are causing the Outlook mail stuck in Outbox. To restart Outlook, simply close it and then open it back up again.
If you’re still having trouble getting messages out of your Outbox or facing email still in Outbox, then you may need to follow the other methods for further assistance.
Method 1: Restarting your computer
If you have got an error such as or Outlook mail stuck in Outbox or Outlook message stuck in Outbox, there are a few things you can try to resolve the issue.
First, try restarting your computer. This may sound like a simple solution, but sometimes restarting can clear up any stuck messages.
Method 2: Load Outlook in Safe Mode
If restarting your computer doesn’t work, try to load Outlook in safe mode.
- To access the Run window, hold the Win+R key.
- In the field type Outlook /safe, click the OK button.
- Then select your profile for Outlook. This will put Outlook in safe mode, and allow you to test sending an email message.
Note: Once Outlook is open in Safe Mode, try sending the message again. If it goes through, perhaps add-ins are the source of the issue. You can then disable or remove the add-in to fix the emails staying in Outbox Outlook issue.
- If you’re still getting stuck in Outbox while trying to send a message after doing this, want to disable any faulty add-ins. Click File > Options > Add-ins tab and select Disabled items.
If neither of these solutions works and fix the Outlook mail stuck in Outbox, you may need to delete the message from your Outbox manually. To do this, open the Outbox and select the stuck message. Then, using the keyboard, press the Delete key to remove it.
Method 3: Change Outlook Account Password
One potential reason why the Outlook email stuck in draft folder is because the password has been changed. To change the password.
- Find the “Account Settings” under the “File” option and click on it.
- Then, click on the “Data Files” tab.
- Pick the account for which you’d like to reset the password.
- Type the new password in the “Change Password” area and hit the Ok button.
Method 4: Repair Corrupt PST File
- Open the File Explorer and go to the Organize option.
- Now, click on the Folders and Search option. Here a new window is open.
- Click the Show hidden files, folders, and drives option from the View tab.
- Next, press the Apply button and then OK to save the settings.
- Next, search for the scanpst.exe File on your system or press Windows + R and type “scanpst.exe.”
- 32-bit Windows; C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16\
- 64-bit Windows; C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16\
- 64-bit Outlook; C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office16\
- Once the PST file is found, click the Start button to scan the PST file.
- Press on the Repair option after scanning for fixing issues.
Method 5: Opening a new Outlook window and sending the message
If you have a problem sending an email from Outlook or your Outlook mail stuck in Outbox, one method you can try is opening a new Outlook window and sending the message from there. It occasionally works because it allows the message to be sent without being stuck in the Outbox. If you want to move Outlook to new computer you can read this post.
To do this:
- Open a new Outlook window and click on the “Outbox” folder in the left sidebar.
- Find the message and select the message and choose Move.
- Choose the “Inbox” as the destination folder and click “OK.”
- The message is now in your Inbox. From here, you can click the “Send” button to send the message.
Method 6: Check the Size of your Account’s Outbox folder
When the Outlook mail stuck in Outbox, it can be frustrating. You might see an error note that says “Email Stuck in Outbox” or “Outlook Not Sending the messages.”
First, check the size of your account’s Outbox folder. You’ll need to delete some messages if you get over 2 GB. To do this, open the Outbox folder and delete any large messages that you don’t need.
Next, try sending the message again. If the Outlook mail stuck in Outbox, then restart Outlook. The message size might be too large to send. Try breaking the message into smaller parts and sending them separately.
Method 7: Deleting unnecessary messages from the Outbox folder
If you have an email message stuck in your Microsoft Outlook Outbox, try these tips to delete it.
- First, go to the Outbox folder in Microsoft Outlook.
- Right-click on the message that’s stuck in the Outbox.
- Select Delete from the menu.
If that doesn’t work and you are unable to fix the Outlook messages stuck in Outbox error, try opening the message and deleting any attachments that may be causing the problem.
To do this:
- Open the message and click on the paperclip icon next to the Subject line.
- It will open a list of attachments.
- Delete any attachments that you don’t need and try sending the message again.
If you still got an error Outlook message stuck in Outbox or Outlook mail stuck in Outbox, it may be because the message it’s too large.
To fix this:
- Go to File>Account Settings>Data Files.
- Select the account that has the stuck message and click Settings.
- Under Delivery Options, uncheck the box next to “Leave a copy of messages on server.”
It will allow you to delete large messages from your Outbox without downloading them first.
If you are one of the many Outlook users who have encountered the issue of Outlook mail stuck in outbox. Hopefully this article has been helpful in resolving the issue of why will my Outlook email not send. If not, there are many other resources available online that can help you troubleshoot the problem. In any case, we hope that you are now able to send and receive your Outlook messages without any further problems.