Summary: A few steps are involved if you want to create and add an email signature in Outlook.com. This guide will show you how to set up signature in Outlook and ensure it appears correctly in outgoing messages.
A signature is a great way to add a personal touch to your emails. However, it can also be helpful to include your contact information or other vital details at the end of messages. Meanwhile, if you’re unsure how to create sign in Outlook, don’t worry – it’s quite simple.
In this article, we’ll walk you through the process step-by-step. So, you can create an email signature in Outlook and start using signatures immediately. Additionally, if you want to recover deleted emails you can read this post.
Methods to Set up Signature in Outlook
- Add an Email Signature in Outlook on Desktop.
- Create Signature in Outlook Web App.
- Change Signature in Outlook.
- Change Email Signature in Outlook Mobile
Method 1: How to Add an Email Signature in Outlook on Desktop
Assuming you already have Outlook installed on your computer. The process of set signature in Outlook is actually quite simple. Follow the below steps:
- Launch the Outlook application and then find the File menu.
- Select the Options named icon.
- Now get the email settings by clicking on the Mail option.
- Here you get the Compose messages. After that, click on the signature option.
- Now click on the New button to create a new signature.
- Enter the name post and click on the ok button.
- Pick the signature from the signature list.
- You can also customize the sign; just type your sign in text. You can also use the image as a sign.
- Click on Choose default signature, and choose your signature from the ‘New messages’ section.
- Hit the Ok button to create the signature.
This will set signature in Outlook, while creating the email it automatically appears on your composing section. Sometimes, Outlook not showing teams status, for this error you can read this post.
Method 2: Create a Signature in Outlook Web App
To create an email signature in Outlook web app, follow these steps:
- Go to the Outlook.com web and log in with the correct credentials.
- Find the gear icon named settings option.
- Click on the options button under the settings.
- Now press on the Mail tab.
- Select the Layout menu and then Email signature.
- Here, you want to type the signature name, such as your name, email address, and phone number. It depends on you.
- After applying a few options, you can easily add a signature while composing and replying to messages.
- Hit the Save button to create a signature successfully.
Method 3: How to Change Signature in Outlook
You can easily set up signature in Outlook by following a few simple steps.
- Start the Outlook application and click on the New Email.
- The New Email message window opens. Click on the Signature from the top bar, then select signatures.
- You can edit the Signature after clicking on the select signatures to edit.
- Now, Edit the signature window that appears. You can type the text or insert the images according to your needs.
- After completing the process click the Ok button.
- Compose the new emails and check the Signature that you recently created.
This method can easily change email signature in Outlook. However, you can also use this method. To change your signature in Outlook, open the Signatures and Stationary dialog box. From here, you can easily edit signature in Outlook. If you want to delay sending email in Outlook you can read this post.
Method 4: How to Change your Email Signature in Outlook Mobile
If you want to change email signature in Outlook mobile, just follow the steps below. Using this method, you can easily set up signature in Outlook mobile.
- Open the Outlook application on your mobile.
- Find the menu icon and tap on it.
- Pressing the gear icon means the settings menu.
- Here you get the different options to find the Mail section, then hit on the Signature.
- Now you can create a signature according to your needs.
- After completing the process, tap on the Done button in the right corner of your screen.
- Whenever you compose an email a new signature appears on the screen automatically.
The mobile app versions of Outlook only support a basic signature that includes your name, title, and contact information. To get a richer signature on mobile, you’ll need to use the desktop or web browser version of Outlook.
Ultimately, we learned how to set up signature in Outlook. Whether you’re using Outlook for business or personal use, a signature can greatly add professionalism or personality to your emails. With a few simple steps, you can set signature in Outlook that suits your needs and helps you stand out from the rest. We hope this guide has helped you to set up email signature in Outlook or how Outlook set up email signature.