Summary: Do you want to enable and disable the Focused Inbox in Outlook account? Read the entire blog post and learn more about what is focused inbox in Outlook. We guide you through each step in detail so you can get started quickly and easily.
- In the Outlook “Focused Inbox” feature, you can click on the”Other” or “Focused” tab at the top of your Inbox.
- You can also use this feature from the “View” tab, where you can select “Show Focused Inbox.”
- Once the “Show Focused Inbox” is visible, you can change the feature’s settings or turn it off altogether.
- You can also change the settings of the “Focused Inbox” to sort email.
Outlook Focused Inbox is a feature that can help you arrange your email by separating messages into two categories, “Focused” and “Other.” This feature is intended to display only the most important emails in the Focused section. The rest of the emails are in the “Other” Inbox section.
You can set up Outlook Focused Inbox rules to automatically receive certain types of emails to the Focused Inbox based on criteria such as the message’s sender, subject line, or content. For example, you can automatically move all emails from your boss or a specific project team to a focused inbox.
Method 1: How to Turn ON and OFF Focused Inbox in Outlook Desktop
Users can manage their inbox more efficiently and quickly by turning ON and OFF the Focused Inbox option in Outlook 2019, 2016, or Office 365. This option is available at the top of the mailbox in Outlook. You can keep your inbox more structured and manageable using the Focused Inbox option.
Step 1. How to Turn ON Focused Inbox in Outlook Desktop
Turning on this option allows you to manage your email more efficiently and quickly. Furthermore, shifting specific emails to a folder can save time and effort. To enable Focused Inbox in Outlook, follow these steps:
- Press the Window + R key to open the Run dialog box.
- Next, type Outlook in the dialog box and press OK.
- Then click on the view tab.
- Now click on the Show Focused Inbox.
- After that, the Focused and Other tabs are shown in the Inbox pane.
Step 2. How to Turn Off Focused Inbox in Outlook Desktop
Are you annoyed by checking every email to know what is needed in focused and other folders? If this is the case, try disabling Focused Inbox in Outlook. You can save yourself from the hassle. You can easily combine Focused and Other in Outlook using these steps.
- Press the Window key and type Outlook in the search dialog box.
- Now, click on the view tab.
- Then tap on the Show Focused Inbox. After following these steps, it will change to the original settings,
- Now, you need to shift between the All and Unread tabs from the Inbox section.
Also Read: How to Block Emails on Outlook
Method 2: Enable or Disable Focused Inbox in Mail Application
Some users use the default Mail app on their Windows 10 PC and do not have an Office 365 subscription. However, users can use the benefit of the Focused Inbox. It will give you a more targeted email experience. If you have Office 365 and use the Focused Inbox function, it may be easier to organize and find what you need. Moreover, when emails going to other instead of focused then this method can helps you.
Step 1: Enable Focused Inbox in Mail
- Press the Windows key and type Mail in the search dialog box.
- Now, tap on the Setting button in the bottom-right corner.
- Click on the Focused Inbox tab that appears in the right panel.
- Choose the account you want to configure with the help of the drop-down menu.
- Click to turn on sort messages into focused and other with the toggle button.
- When the steps are complete, the Inbox section will sort the most prominent messages in the Focused tab, while some emails appear in the Other folder.
Step 2: Disable Focused Inbox in Mail
For more insight on how to disable the focused Inbox option in the mail app, follow the below steps.
- Initially, open the Mail app on your computer system.
- At the bottom-right of the screen, click on the Setting button.
- Then tap on the Focused Inbox available in the right panel.
- With the help of the drop-down menu. Ensure to choose the right account you’d like to configure.
- Turn off the Sort messages in the Focused Inbox with the use of the toggle button.
- The Inbox will show all the messages once these steps get performed.
Also Read: Send Email from Different Address in Outlook
Method 3: Turn On and Turn Off Focused Inbox in Outlook Web
Outlook Web has the “Focused Inbox” feature enabled by default. But you can disable it to stop missing out if you don’t want it. If you need to stay focused on what you’re working on, disabling the “Focused Inbox” feature may be a better decision for your inbox.
Step 1: To Enable Focused Inbox on Outlook Web
If you want to force email to focused inbox then try these simple steps to enable a Focused Inbox in your Outlook account.
- Open Outlook Web in the relevant browser.
- Using your credentials, login into your Outlook account.
- After logging into the app, click on the Setting button.
- Use the toggle switch to activate Focused Inbox.
- Incoming emails will be sorted under their priority and visible in the Focused or Other tab.
Step 2: To Disable Focused Inbox on Outlook Web
You can also disable it to stop missing out on other vital emails. By disabling the Focused Inbox, you can save time and energy by not having to search your inbox for an important email. Use these simple steps to disable automatic email sorting in Outlook web.
- Type Outlook web in the browser and press Enter to open Outlook.
- Sign in with the Microsoft account credentials on Outlook Web.
- Click on the Settings button.
- Disable the Focused Inbox option via the toggle switch.
- Once these processes have been completed, Focused Inbox will not be available in your Outlook account. All messages show up without any sorting.
Also Read: Save Outlook Emails to Hard Drive
Method 4: How to Turn on Focused Inbox in Outlook
If you were to try the above methods and Outlook focused inbox not working, you might be unsuccessful. In some cases, this method can enable this feature ultimately. There is a workaround, though, so give it a try!
- Use the Window+R key to open the Run dialog box.
- Type Outlook in the Run dialog box and click Enter.
- Select the View tab at the top of the Window.
- To activate Focused Inbox in Outlook, click the option Show Focused Inbox.
- Then, the Focused and Other tabs will be visible at the top of your email account, and you will also be able to receive messages to the Other folder. And further, you can switch between tabs at any time.
In the end, this guide discussed how to enable or disable Focused Inbox in Outlook. By following this guide, you can use Focused Inbox in Outlook to keep your inbox organized and focused. In this post, the top 4 methods help you solve your query about how to change Outlook inbox view from focused and other.