Summary: When the users realize that their Outlook app notifications not working, then the situation completely changes and the users try to find many ways to get rid of it.
If the Microsoft Outlook email notifications are not enabled, possibly users will only be able to access their most important emails while opening their mailing app. Sometimes, these notifications can be very annoying at the time, but users remember their critical emails in them and look for the best solutions.
So, if you continually forget important emails while using Outlook on Windows 10, this blog is just for you. However, this article will assist you in receiving Outlook notifications on your Windows 10 computer in a variety of techniques.
Furthermore, in this blog, I will share with you an excellent solution that fixes the disable Outlook notifications error and more. And, you can fix Outlook not showing new emails.
Manual Guide for Outlook App Notifications Not Working
To fix the Outlook error, further, I discuss the manual methods of Outlook alerts not working, which is listed below:
- Restart Your PC
- Check the Notifications Settings in Outlook App
- How to Enable Notifications in Windows 10 Settings
- Way to Disable Focus Assist
- Turn Off Battery Saver Mode Manually
- Verify Rules and Alerts
Scenario 1: Restart Your PC
If the email notification not working on your PC, restarting the system or load Outlook in safe mode is the most effective way to resolve it or any technical problem. If the notifications stopped randomly and emails used to come as previously, then it means after restarting the system it may restore all your work in a normal way.
Scenario 2: Check the Notifications Settings in Outlook App
Following are the steps below to enable the notification in the Outlook app for Windows 10 and change the setting when required.
- First, Launch the Outlook application that you have installed on your computer.
- Click the File button from the top sidebar.
- Now, press the Options.
- Next, a new window will display to you, then choose the Mail option from the left pane.
- Navigate to the Message arrival section and review that you enabled the options button, Play a sound and Display a Desktop Alert tab.
- Finally, press the OK button.
Scenario 3: How to Enable Notifications in Windows 10 Settings
If your Outlook account’s notification settings are perfect, you might want to enable Outlook notifications in Windows. Users can manage their email notifications in Windows 10 by the app. To see if Outlook notifications are enabled on your Windows 10 system, follow the steps outlined below:
- First, to open the Settings, use the Windows key + I keyboard shortcut on your computer.
- Navigate to the System and press the Notifications and Actions.
- Now, enable the Get notifications from apps and other senders’ from the Notifications province.
- Next, Scroll down to the section titled Get Notifications from these senders.
- At last, hit on Outlook and find all of the notification options and then enable all of them.
Scenario 4: Way to Disable Focus Assist
Focus Assist is a built-in feature in Windows 10, so when this option is enabled, you will be unable to consider any further notifications on your computer. If Focus Assist is enabled, your Outlook notifications may not appear on Windows 10. If a user wants to know how to turn off Outlook notifications, go with the following steps:
- First, Open the Action Center from the taskbar of your system.
- Look for the half-moon-like icon and read what’s written beneath it.
- Now, if it shows you a Focus Assist, it means that this option is turned off.
- If it says Priority Only, it means Focus Assist is turned on, then, in this case, you have to tap on it once or twice until the option reappears.
Scenario 5: Turn Off Battery Saver Mode Manually
As we all know, another built-in feature of Windows 10 is the battery saver mode. When users enable the battery saver mode, notifications and other background activity are restricted. It can also cause the notifications to be interrupted. Aside from this, you may be thinking about why Outlook notifications do not work on Windows 10. Follow the below steps to turn off your PC’s battery saver.
- Firstly, Go to the Settings, then the System option, and finally click on the Battery.
- Now, you have to disable the toggle next to the battery saver.
- Next, examine the rate displayed below of, Turn battery saver on automatically at.
- After that, if it is too high, reduce it.
If your Outlook keeps crashing on windows, you can read this post to fix this error.
Scenario 6: Verify Rules and Alerts aren’t Interpret Messages
- Open the Outlook application on your laptop or system.
- Navigate the File menu and click on it.
- Find the Manage rules and alerts option, then click on the Rules and Alerts.
- The new window appears, and you must verify the rules and alerts. And see whether no other rules interpret the new messages.
- Hit the Ok button to save settings.
In the final, as we tell you, there are multiple techniques of Outlook desktop alert settings. To simplify the Outlook desktop alert, we have introduced manual methods in this blog. As we previously discussed, there were the reasons behind the Outlook error. Then we went on to introduce the manual methods. I hope your issue regarding why the Outlook app shows notification but no email error is fixed now.
Why are my Outlook notifications not coming?
Sometimes, we mute the volume button and forget to turn it on, so you first need to check the volume. On the other hand, check the speakers its working or not. If it is, we recommend checking whether the desktop notification alert function is enabled or not.
How to Configure Outlook Email Notifications?
There are many ways to fix Outlook desktop notifications not working errors. Click on the Start button, then visit the settings. Afterward, go to the system icon and find the Notifications and actions. Here enable the Outlook notifications, then turn on the Show notification banners.