Summary:- As we all know, Nowadays Outlook is an evolved email client that usually promotes a broad range of features like messaging, collaboration, and safety features to their prominent users. But sometimes, users run into these situations and face errors, such as Outlook data file not opening. Further, it seems a typical error code 0x8004010F, cannot open Outlook data file and Couldn’t Create Outlook Data File.
However, in Outlook, this issue occurs due to the false synchronization of Exchange Mailbox & MS Outlook, which does not entitle the users not to access the Outlook data file.
So, in this blog, you will understand the Outlook data file cannot be configured error, some reliable solutions, and the causes behind this error.
Why Microsoft Outlook Cannot Open OST File
The primary reasons are given below for Outlook data file not opening:
- When OST files get corrupt.
- In cases when the MS Outlook profile is configured inaccurately.
- OST files are in a separate location.
Manual Way to Fix “Outlook Data File Not Opening”
To resolve the “cannot open Outlook data file” error, pursue the manual methods which are listed below to fix Outlook Data File Not Opening. Begin with the first stage and complete the process step by step.
- How to Create New MS Outlook Profile
- Way to Move the Outlook Data Files
- How to Repair the Outlook
Way 1: How to Create New MS Outlook Profile
- Initial, right-click on the Windows icon and pick the Settings option from the left menu panel.
- Now, a new window display will be visible to you. Here, tap on the Accounts option.
- Click the Email and Accounts icon using the left sidebar.
- Now, hit the Add an Account button.
- Next, you must also select the E-mail Account option.
- Enter your account details, such as your profile name and the necessary credentials.
- At last, to create your new Outlook account hit the Next and then Finish button.
If you want to know how to block emails on Outlook you can read this post.
Step1. Locating the Outlook Data Files
- Firstly, on the computer and run the Control Panel.
- Select the User Accounts option and choose Mail.
- Now, press the Show Profiles tab under the Mail Setup screen.
- Next, pick the Outlook profile and click on the Properties.
- Select Data Files to open the Account Settings.
- After that, you have to again press on the Data Files tab and make a necessary note of the data file’s name and place.
Step2. Manual Configuration to the IMAP Outlook account
- Navigate to the Control Panel.
- Select Mail from the User Accounts menu.
- You must now select the Add option.
- Enter the Profile name and click OK.
- Now, press on Manually Configure server settings or additional server types in the Add New Account pop-up window.
- Afterward, click on the Next button.
- When the Choose Service Dialogue box appears to you, select Internet E-mail and press Next.
- Enter the Outlook account information in the Internet Email screen.
- Under the Deliver new message to section, you need to select the Existing Outlook data file.
- In the end, pick the data file after clicking the Browse button.
- Finally, hit the Next button.
Note: These steps will result in creation of a new Outlook profile.
Way 2: Way to Move the Outlook Data Files
Here’s another method for the users to fix the error ” Outlook Data File Not Opening“.
- First, you have to move the Outlook data file to a different location.
- Now, you should return it to its original destination.
- Restart your computer to resolve the Outlook data file error.
Way 3: How to Repair the Outlook
- To start, launch the Control Panel on the PC.
- Select the Mail alternative from the left side panel.
- Then, Pick the Repair option.
- Finally, this process will eventually repair Outlook.
Follow the above procedure to resolve the error Outlook Data File Not Opening. Users can also read this post for restore deleted emails in Outlook.
Way 4: How to Rectify Incorrect Delivery Location
- Firstly, ensure that Outlook emails are saved in the Personal Folder.
- If it doesn’t, modify the storage options.
- Now, in the Outlook email, navigate to the Account Settings.
- Select the Email Accounts tab.
- Next, click on the Change Location.
- Enter the valid storage location by hand.
Note: These steps will determine the error code 0x8004010F.
If your Outlook data file not opening there are multiple reasons. You can try these manual methods. All the approaches we discussed are manual. So, if you are not an IT expert, you can still try all the techniques to fix Outlook data file corruption. After trying all these methods, if you are still unable to open the PST file in Outlook, you can load Outlook in safe mode. The safe mode method is the last option for you. I hope your issue regarding being unable to open PST file in Outlook is solved now.