Summary: Are you looking for the best way to fix Outlook error 0x80040154? In this post, we discussed the top methods to resolve Outlook unknown error 0x80040154. The error can cause several issues for Outlook users, such as being unable to send and receive emails.
- Download and Run PST Repair Tool.
- Locate the PST file which you want to repair.
- Click Repair to launch the repair process.
- Click on the Save Repaired File on the Home option. Save as window appears on your screen with multiple file formats.
- Hit the Ok button.
If you are experiencing Outlook error 0x80040154, chances are your Outlook’s PST file is damaged. If your PST file is lost or damaged, it can prevent you from accessing all of your account related information, such as contacts, calendars, and other important data. Fortunately, there are some things you can do to help fix the problem. The first step is to look for reasons that may have damaged the PST file.
Reasons Behind for Outlook error 0x80040154
- Corrupted or faulty add-ins.
- Incorrect Outlook settings.
- Conflict software or add-ins.
- Outdated Outlook version.
- The virus infected the Outlook application.
- Outlook PST file damaged.
Symptoms of the Outlook error 0x80040154
- Users are not able to send and receive emails in Outlook.
- When users access Outlook it displays the error message.
- Slow performance of Outlook.
- Outlook not responding and freezing.
- Microsoft Outlook send receive not implemented
Method 1: Disable the Antivirus
There are some essential steps to disable antivirus, which are given below. How to disable antivirus depends on the version and antivirus you use.
- First, Close all open programs on the system.
- Double Click the notification icon or search for the software in the Start menu.
- Now, check for an option to disable the antivirus software, such as “Turn Off,” “Disable,” or “Exit.”
- Follow the steps to disable the antivirus software.
When it is disabled, your computer may become vulnerable to viruses and may steal your data. So here we advise you to disable it temporarily after that you can enable it again and keep the computer safe. After following these steps, Outlook error code 0x80040154 or Outlook send and Receive error will be resolved.
Method 2: Start Outlook in Safe Mode
Starting Outlook in Safe Mode can be a troubleshooting method. The Outlook will identify the problem as soon as it starts and can be done to help fix it. So you can try to find out which driver is causing the Outlook error 0x80040154.
- Hold and Press the Window+R key to open the Run dialog box.
- Type the command Outlook.exe /safe and click the OK button, then let go.
- Choose Profile window that appears on your screen.
- Select the default Outlook tab and click on the OK button.
- Wait a few seconds; Outlook will open in Safe Mode.
Keep in mind that Outlook only displays a subset of its functions when it is in safe mode. When Outlook works properly in Safe Mode, analyze why it does not work in normal mode. By disabling or removing the add-in.
Method 3: Disable the Faulty Add-ins
The Faulty add-ins can cause a lot of problems in applications such as Outlook crashing, freezing, not responding etc. Additionally, a problem occurs when an add-in is not compatible with Outlook or it may be that the add-in has become corrupt.
It doesn’t matter how corrupt or damaged the add-ins are. You should be able to remove it from Outlook right away. Follow the appropriate steps discussed below to fix the Outlook receiving error code 0x80040154.
- In the menu bar, go to File menu.
- Select the Options and then click on the Add-ins.
- Pick the Manage option situated at the bottom of the Window.
- Click on the Go button.
- Now, you’ll see the list of add-ins.
- Once you’re ready to disable the add-ins, just uncheck the box.
- To uninstall the Add-in, select it and click on Remove.
- Hit the OK button and save your changes.
- Restart the Outlook application.
Once your problem is resolved, try re-enabling the add-ins one by one to determine which add-in is causing the problem.
Method 4: Repair or Reinstall the MS Office Program
- Press the Window+S key together.
- In the search box, type the Control Panel.
- If your PC shows a Control Panel (App), click on it.
- Pick the Program and Features option.
- Look for the MS Office Program.
- The Change button appears on top of the screen.
- Finally, Choose Quick Repair or Online Repair and press the Repair button.
Method 5: Re-Register DLL files via Run Command
- Press and Hold the Window+R key to open the Run command box.
- When the Run dialog box opens, type the regsvr32 inetcomm.dll.
- Hit the Enter or Click on the OK button.
If you face the Outlook Error 0x800ccc1a you can read this post.
Method 6: Email Account Configuration is Incomplete
- In the Outlook application, go to the File menu.
- Click the Add Account under the Account Information section.
- Select Manual setup or you can select the additional server types and click Next.
- Select the POP or IMAP option and click Next button.
- Enter your credentials in the appropriate field. Make sure to select the correct account type (POP or IMAP).
- Enter the incoming and outgoing server information for your email provider.
- Choose the More Settings and go to the Outgoing Server tab.
- Check the box next to “My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication” and select Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Click the OK and then Next to test your account settings.
- If the test is successful, hit on the Finish to complete the configuration of the email account.
Discussed above are some of the possible ways you can get Outlook error 0x80040154 in Windows 10. However, if you see an Outlook error ‘0x80040154’ while sending/receiving emails, try a third-party PST Repair software to fix the problem. I hope this guide helps you to fix the error.