Summary: In this post, we will examine why Outlook stuck on loading profile then closes. This problem often comes, especially when you open the software. So let’s see how to solve it using our comprehensive tutorial below.
- Right-click on the taskbar section and select Task Manager.
- Click the Processes tab after locating the Office processes.
- Pick an Office process and then choose the End task.
- Repeat this process for each Office process listed.
Outlook is a well-known desktop email application. Unfortunately, when you launch it, it can sometimes get stuck on the loading profile screen and retrieving mailbox settings. It may also prohibit you from accessing your emails or tasks.
As a result, you may be unable to send or receive emails through Outlook. If this happens to you, follow the steps in this guide to troubleshoot the problem.
Why is Outlook Stuck at Loading Profile
- Corrupt Outlook File
- Faulty Outlook add-ins
- The navigation pane issues
- Outlook.exe process running in the background
- Outlook run in the compatibility mode
- The server is unavailable due to poor internet connectivity
Method 1: Launch Outlook as Administrator
- Press Window+S to search for Outlook.
- Right-click on the Outlook icon and press on Run as administrator.
- Click on the Yes button to confirm.
Method 2: Disconnect Internet
Outlook 2016 stuck on loading profile after upgrade. Furthermore, Outlook cannot connect to the Internet due to poor connectivity and fails to access anything online. It is a likely cause because Outlook cannot finish loading the profile and remains stuck on the loading profile screen.
Turn-off WiFi Connection
- Click on the Windows icon then press on the gear icon (Settings).
- Press on the Network and Internet option.
- Here, select the Wi-Fi.
- If the Wifi On, slide the toggle and disable the wifi connection.
Turn-off LAN Connection
- Press Window+R to open the Run command box and type Control.
- Find and click the Network and Sharing Center from the Control Panel.
- In the Right pane, press on Change adapter options.
- Now, right-click on the Ethernet settings.
- Click on the Disable option.
When Outlook stuck on loading profile error is fixed using this method. After that, you can activate LAN and WiFi using the same steps.
Sometimes Outlook is stuck on loading profiles after creating new profile. You can open Outlook in Safe Mode. But if you don’t know how to do that, we will show you how to open Outlook Securely.
Method 3: Try to Open Outlook in Safe Mode
Users sometimes experience Outlook stuck on loading profile after MFA. Because when software is running in the background, it causes these errors. We recommend trying to open Outlook in Safe Mode.
- Make sure Outlook is closed.
- Open Run command box by using Windows+R keys.
- Now type Outlook.exe /safe and press the OK button.
- Here select Profile and click on OK.
In some cases, Outlook stuck on loading profile even in Safe Mode. Sometimes profiles still fail to load due to faulty add-ins. However, the error can be solved by disabling add-ins in Outlook.
Method 4: Disable Outlook Add-ins
If you continue to be unable to load your profile on Outlook after trying the above steps. You can try out this method to Disable Outlook Add-ins. The steps to follow for this method are as follows.
- Go to the File menu and click on Options.
- Now, click on Add-ins.
- Hit on the Go button.
- Untick (uncheck) all add-ins and press the OK button.
- When the process is complete, restart the Outlook application.
Some users also face the Outlook mail stuck in Outbox.
Method 5: Reset the Navigation Pane in Outlook
When running the application, Outlook freezes on loading profile. You can reset the navigation panel settings if the above approach does not work.
- Make sure the Outlook application is closed.
- Press the Window+R key together to open the Run box.
- Type the Outlook.exe /resetnavpane command and click on the Ok button.
Method 6: End Office Program Processes in Task Manager
To resolve the Outlook windows app stuck on loading profile. You will have to end all Office processes currently running.
- Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open the Task Manager.
- Find the Microsoft Office program from the Processes tab.
- Select Microsoft Office and click on the End Task button.
- Now, restart the Outlook application.
Method 7: Turn Off Outlook Compatibility Mode
- Go to the desktop screen, and right-click on the Outlook icon.
- Now, click on Properties.
- Here, Outlook Properties opens; click on Compatibility.
- To do this, uncheck Run this program in compatibility mode for, then click the OK button.
Method 8: Disable Hardware Acceleration
- Press the Win+R to open the Run box.
- Type Outlook.com /safe and Click OK.
- Click on File>options.
- Press on Advanced under the Options window.
- Scroll down a bar to Display and find the Disable hardware graphic acceleration.
- Press OK.
- Close Outlook and run Outlook without safe mode.
Now, that you have learned how to fix the Outlook hangs on loading profile error. Additionally, you will know how to troubleshoot the Outlook 365 loading profile stuck error quickly. Then, follow the next method to repair the corrupt files. If Outlook stuck on updating inbox you can read this post.
Method 9: Fix Corrupted Outlook Files
This condition can affect any Outlook account, regardless of which version of Outlook is installed. If your PST file is corrupt, you need to recover data from the Outlook corrupted file. It is best to repair corrupted Outlook files using ScanPst.ext.
- Right-click on the Outlook icon.
- After that, select the Properties option.
- On the Shortcut tab, click Open File Location. It will open the installation directory.
- Locate and open the SCANPST.EXE file.
- Navigate to C:\Users\*username*\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook using the Browse button
- Here, replace *username* with your name.
- Now, select Profile and press the Start button. The scanning process will start and check for errors.
- When the scan and repair process is complete, click the OK button.
- Open the Outlook application.
Some methods are easy to follow, but others need some technical knowledge. If you want to solve an Outlook email stuck on loading profile issues quickly. You can do better than that by using Stellar Outlook PST Repair.
Method 10. Release IP Address
If Outlook stuck on loading profile terminal server, you would have to release the IP address to resolve the issue. You can manually remove the errors by configuring the IP.
- Open Outlook and wait for it to freeze on the Loading Profiles screen.
- Press the Windows+R key to open the Run dialog box.
- Type cmd and Press the Shift+Ctrl+Enter to provide administrative privileges.
- Type Ipconfig/ release and hit enter Outlook 365 stuck on loading profile screen.
- When the Outlook screen loads, type Ipconfig/ renew and press Enter.
- Click on Send/Receive All Folders in Outlook. After that, check all issues are solved.
When Outlook 2010 stuck on loading profile verifying data integrity was due to the oversize PST file. We recommend you can split the OST file to resolve this issue. Also, there are some methods to to fix Outlook message not implemented error.
Method 11: Remove the Office Key
Outlook stuck on loading profile after windows update or upgrade Office program.
When upgrading to a newer version of Microsoft Office, you may encounter leftover keys from the old installation.
In this approach, we’ll find and delete the regedit key, then test if the Microsoft Outlook stuck on loading profile issue is solved.
- Open the Run command box by pressing the Window+R key.
- Type the Regedit in the command box.
- Click OK.
- When the Registry window opens, navigate the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office command.
- Now, delete this key from the old version of Microsoft Office.
- After that, create a new Outlook profile using the described method.
Please read this post to resolve the issue if you see the loading problem and Outlook not showing new emails.
We have summed up and included all the information for you. In the end, the Repair Corrupt Outlook PST file is a great method of fixing issues with Outlook stuck on loading profile. However, there are additional alternatives in this post that you can utilize. I hope this post has answered your question.